- Architectural Design (Schematic Design & Design Development)
- Construction Documents - Plans/Drawings & Specifications
- Building Permit Expediting
- Chicago Fast Building Permits Architect's Self-Certification
- Additional Dwelling Unit (ADU) Services - In 2020 the City of Chicago City Council approved an Additional Dwelling Unit Ordinance which goes into effect in 5 Chicago community areas on May 1, 2021. This ordinance allows adding additional dwelling units in existing in basements & attics in existing residential buildings and in new coach house buildings. Panter Associates is listed as an ADU Service provider for architectural services on Chicago Cityscape’s website.
- Engineering Services & Coordination (performed by Panter Associates and our consultants)
◦ Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Zoning Administrative Adjustments
- Accessibility (Handicap) Assessments of existing facilities
- Construction Loan Oversight (Construction Consulting) for banks and other lenders/funding sources
◦ Plan & cost review
◦ Construction observation
◦ Reviewing and certifying contractor pay application requests
- Property Condition Assessments (PCA's)
◦ Representing , advising, making recommendations and
consulting the client concerning the performance of the
design professional services and construction work
performed by others.
- REO Property Consulting for banks and other lenders/funding sources
- Public Way Use Permits/Privileges - Using or occupying the public way
◦ Over Street Level (above grade) - canopies/awnings, signs,
light fixtures, balconies, banners, etc.
◦ On Street Level (at grade) - planters, decorative pavers,
bollards, wind screens, kiosks, sidewalk cafe’s, etc.
◦ Under Street Level (below grade) - vaults, conduit (encasing
wiring), caissons (foundation), earth retention systems,
irrigation systems, etc.
◦ Building permits for projects on which Panter Associates is
not the Architect Of Record
◦ Zoning permits
◦ Public way use permits/privileges such as driveways,
canopies, awnings, building encroachments, etc.
◦ Business licenses
- Alternative Code Approval Request (ACAR) services for projects located in the City of Chicago. Services specific to requesting project-specific approvals explicitly required by the Chicago Construction Codes or project-specific modifications of code requirements.
- Millwork and cabinetry design
- Interior finish selection
◦ Assist client with bidding to contractor(s)
◦ Assist client with negotiating with contractor(s)
◦ Assist client with contracting with contractor(s)
- Construction Administration -
◦ Representing, advising, making recommendations
and consulting client concerning the performance
of the contractors' construction work.
◦ Interpreting the Construction Documents (plans,
◦ Evaluations of the contractors' construction work.
◦ Observations of the contractors' construction work.
◦ Inspections of the contractors' construction work.
◦ Reviewing shop drawings.
◦ Reviewing submittals.
◦ Reviewing contractor schedule of values.
◦ Reviewing contractor construction schedule.
◦ Reviewing contractor pay application requests.
◦ Preparing punch lists.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SERVICES
FAST CHICAGO BUILDING PERMITS - Self-Certified
Panter Associates can save you time and money by assisting you in obtaining your Chicago building permits much quicker than via Chicago’s standard plan review permit program.
Steven Panter is certified as a Self-Certified Architect by the City Of Chicago Department Of Buildings (DOB). Steve has extensive, over 22 years, experience expediting building permits through the DOB Self-Certification Permit Program. In November 2017 Steve completed a 3-day DOB self-certification training class renewing Steve’s certification through December 31, 2022.
For many projects, based on DOB project eligibility requirements, the building permit can be issued within 10-30 days after the building permit application is submitted.
The Chicago Self-Certification Permit Program simplifies and shortens the building permit process for eligible project types such as new build-outs or remodeling of stores, restaurants and offices located in existing buildings. The Self-Certified Architect performs the technical plan reviews and certifies that the project complies with the Chicago Building Code. The technical plan reviews by DOB plan examiners are eliminated.